Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Formal Christmas Strawberries


I'm baaaaack. I took some time off baking and blogging while I explored Chile, Peru and Brazil during Oct & Nov. Arriving back December 2nd and not having completed any Christmas shopping was quite fun.

My niece is obsessed with strawberries. In a perfect world, she'd skip dinner and go straight to the strawberries, chocolate covered or not! Just for her, I made these cute tuxedo'd strawberries to brighten Christmas morning.

I washed strawberries and dipped them completely in white chocolate. After about an hour or two in the fridge, I dipped the sides in dark chocolate. Another hour or two in the fridge and I piped on the buttons and bow ties. These were surprisingly easy.

I also made chocolate covered pineapple. This was more difficult since pineapple is so wet. I toweled dried and then dipped in dark chocolate. They came out ugly but were a clear crowd favorite. Then again, anything submersed in chocolate generally tastes amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails