Monday, August 27, 2012

Devil Pops

No this has nothing to do with the devils being in the playoffs, I actually root for the flyers. Anywho, I made cake pops for mother's day. OMG. They took forever. After work Thursday baking a cake, letting it cool, mashing it into crumbs, adding icing and rolling perfectly identical size balls. I think I went to bed at 1AM. Legit.

I thought this was the worst of it, but no. Friday night I simply had to dip them in chocolate. Simply my tushy! Cake balls have been in the fridge for a solid day at this point (only really need a few hours, but this girl works full time). You melt chocolate, dip the stick in chocolate, then put the stick into the ball, dip ball in chocolate, then put it in a block of Styrofoam to dry. Sounds simple enough. Getting the chocolate to melt correctly and put a smooth coat on the ball is an art. An art I'm not good at. Don't forget to put on any decorations before they dry, they do dry quickly.

Best of luck! Actually best of luck limiting your fowl language while making these! Hah. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails