Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Mini's

Small, cute and easy to pop in your mouth. On Friday I went out and bought my first mini-cupcake pans. On Saturday morning I learned to curse those little mini-pans. It seemed like never ending batter was filling those little devil pans. Eventually I gave up after making 120 little cakes and made three massive cupcakes to finish up the batter. Despite my frustration, they came out super delicious and cute as a button. See below. I used a white chocolate butter cream from food & wine mag to top vanilla, chocolate and swirl cupcakes.

White Chocolate Buttercream
TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
SERVINGS: makes 2 3/4 cups

Ingredients
2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, softened
12 ounces white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions
In a large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy. Beat in the melted white chocolate. Add the confectioners' sugar and vanilla and beat at low speed, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl, until light and fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails