Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A play on words...

I decided to whip up some quick cute cupcakes for my friend Rachel’s birthday pub crawl this past Saturday.

I loved these Martha Stewart Vanilla Letter Cupcakes and knew I didn't have anything to cut R's out of sugar cookies.
However, I remembered I had bought this Williams Sonoma Cookie Letter Press kit.

So I baked a quick batch of funfetti cupcakes and decorated them with homemade sugar cookies. I may use box mix from time to time, but I always bake cookies from scratch. Funny enough I generally always have the ingredients to whip up cookies on hand as well, but I digress. I wanted to make them blue like Martha but I’m out of blue food coloring, so I settled with green. I secured a "Happy Birthday" cookie to a "Rachel" cookie with a bit of icing then stuck them in the cupcakes. They were a big hit and the surprise made my friend smile, all I could ask for. Pics of both sides below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails