Friday, October 7, 2011

Save the Boobs


We had a breast cancer awareness bake sale to benefit Susan G Komen today. We also got to wear jeans with a $5 donation. Woo Hoo. I made pink lemonade cupcakes, adapted from the blog JustJENN. They were a huge hit and gone before the lunch rush! Of course I wouldn't have priced them at $0.50 either, they are easily worth $2, but thats just me griping.

Why won't blogger let me turn this photo? So frustrating, but either way their cute.

I used Jenn's icing recipe which was super easy and absolutely delicious. Instead of making the cupcakes from scratch, I used a yellow cake mix and added 2 tbsp lemon juice and a tbsp of lemon zest. Again, super easy.

In order to cut out the breast cancer ribbons I printed out an image online and made a stencil, which I secured on the cupcake with tooth picks and then cut out with a knife. Presto Change-O.

Thanks Jenn for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails