Friday, November 4, 2011

My First Sanctioned Cake

It was quite the hectic night, but I think the cake came out well. I had a riding lesson and got home around 9pm and started baking. My coworker wanted a red velvet cake that was decorated for a princess with blue icing and a tiara.

I started out with red velvet cakes in the oven and left them to cool while I made dinner and got my life in order for the next day. Then I made the cream cheese icing and applied the crumb coat. I set the alarm for early the next day to throw on the final coat and decorations.

I used big scallops of icing on the rims and petite white sugar flowers as accents with white sugar crystals.

On top I put pretty pink mums (real of course - how much time do you think I have?) and the tiara.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks absolutely fantastic. A job done very well, congrats! - Cathy Pieroz at Ray White Alexandra Hills

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails