Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Inspiration: Miniature Wedding Cakes

So I figured I would structure my blog with a little bit of what i'm doing, whats inspiring me and what's making me mad. Today I want to focus on a bit of an obsession for me. The miniature wedding cake. Most brides focus on bigger things such as venues, dresses and flowers, but for me the most important part of my wedding was the cake. Every year for my anniversary, I ask my husband for the same gift: another wedding cake. He's very against this idea. He thinks its a royal waste of money. He's gotten me regular cakes and cupcakes but never a wedding cake. Maybe if I could find a bakery in my area that made miniature cakes as cute as Scrumptions he would finally cave.


If I could do it all over again, maybe I would have done miniature cakes as centerpieces or if I were really rich, I would send everyone home with a miniature version of my cake as a wedding favor. Hmmm, maybe my 10th anniversary?


So maybe I'm ready to take my obsession to the next level and start making some of these adorable cakes myself. I thought it would be a ton of work, but then I found these short cut pans. Looks like it pops out a mini-wedding cake just like a cupcake pan. I wonder how annoying they are to ice though:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails